PDA

View Full Version : Vectrics Latest Addition

joenagel
11-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Check out Vectrics latest and greatest. 3D machining software.http://vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/cut3d/c3d_index.htm

This includes one, two and four sided machining capabilities, Z level roughing passes, a slicing function that slices your model and then machines only the edges that need machining. ( a great time saver) and a bunch of other neat features. all at an affordable price.

I'm not affiliated with Vectric in any way, I just think this is another great product from them.

Here are a couple of sample I cut using the new software.

patricktoomey
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Joe, I just got Cut3D too and it is unbelievable! I tried a couple of samples by just indexing and flipping my material but I'm going to try using my indexer to cut one side, rotate 90 degrees, cut the next side, etc. This should allow automated machining of all 4 sides in theory. I'm wondering if you did something like that or if you flipped the stock manually? Before I try the indexer I was hoping to see if someone else already tried it.

paco
11-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Indexer is only required for 4 sides projects. There are much more simple way to flip 2 sides projects.

joenagel
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Patrick,

I simply flipped the stock manually, I'm working on building an indexer so I can try out some of the 4 sided work. I can't get my head around how to do 4 sided accurately with out it.

Joe