PDA

View Full Version : Changing default start-up settings in CAM window?

gerald_d
08-26-2006, 02:08 PM
In our CAM window, top line menu "Contour" we want "Normal Mode" to be checked every time that window is opened by Insert -> Special -> etc....

This must be something to do with Options -> Defaults, but I can't get that part to work. Scott - where are you?!

srwtlc
08-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Here I are Gerald

What post are you using?

From what I can see with Vector v10, whatever is at the top of the list is the one that's checked by default. In the NC window, go to Options/Contour and in the dialog box there should be a "Menu List". Highlight the item in the list that you want to be checked and move it to the top of the list. Ok out and check the Contour menu, it should now be at the top of the list and checked. Options/Default/Save To Custom doesn't work in this case.

A little unorthodox, but since when was Vector anything else.

gerald_d
08-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi Scott

Using the emc post. Yeah, changing the menu list does work for that session, but the next time the window opens it is back to the old situation.

I thought I had a wrong understanding of Save to Custom, because I can't get anything to save to custom???

dhunt
08-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Reinstall the software?

gerald_d
08-27-2006, 08:47 AM
It seems as if the very basic problem is that that some "custom" settings cannot be saved for future sessions. This is acknowledged by the Vector forum.

For now, I've swopped from the emc to the iso post-processor under Vector. Most any old G-code post-processor will work for us.

srwtlc
08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Hmmm....It stays from session to session with my Vector XT v10 on two different computers. Could be a version situation. I don't see a emc cfg file in mine.

gerald_d
08-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Scott, I still have version 9.4 and not likely to upgrade. (Fred Smith mentions on his forum link (http://www.imsrv.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=12&post=546#POST546) that he has these type of problems with ver. 9). The emc post is/was for www.linuxcnc.org (http://www.linuxcnc.org)

srwtlc
08-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Gerald, I tried my old version 9.4.041 on a backup computer and the checked contour stays where last checked from session to session for me without any other changes to the menu or saving to custom.

I don't know what the last build of 9.4 was, but I can't find anything newer in my junk drawer.

One other thing I used to do was to use MTB (Macro Toolbar) to automate the many keystrokes needed to accomplish various tasks. It would automate "Special/Insert/*.cfg PAUSE Contour/your selection/generate and so on. You could also save a blank file with your inserted post as a template (.cct) and use that for a "New" file. MTB can automate that also.

Just some thoughts.

Scott

gerald_d
08-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks Scott.