PDA

View Full Version : Editing red lined art

nepenthes
06-21-2008, 08:34 AM
I am in desperate need of some help. I am cutting a very complex piece for a client. They supplied the artwork to me as an Illustrator file which I converted and imported into Partwizard. When I try to make the cutting paths, I get a message about lines crossing. When I group the art to find the problem, I get some lines that are red with little circles. I can not find any reference for what these mean and how to deal with them here. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

paco
06-21-2008, 10:37 AM
The reds have a problem. Go into node edit mode and zoom in.

Without seeing the file (or a sample), I (we) cannot help much more...

nepenthes
06-21-2008, 01:55 PM
With the help of a fellow ShopBotter, I was able to get things running.

However, I would still like to know if there is a node editing tutorial out there so I can figure out this stuff on my own.

Thanks!

tparr
06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
SB has a video training CD called: Part Wizard/Insignia -E Training Series. It does have a section on node editing. It cost about $200.

magic
06-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I've had red lines which, in my case, meant there was a duplication of the same vectors. so I ungrouped then deleted one set. Then grouped the vector again even if it's a single line. If it turns red you can zoom in and find the small loop or crisscross that is the foul-up. I draw a circle around the area, use the sizers to remove it then connect the vectors back where they belong.

phil_o
06-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Node editing is similar in just about all vector based programs. I Googled "node editing tutorial" and found many links. This is just one http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/glossary/ss/nodes_6.htm