View Full Version : Exporting to V-Carve Wiard

phil_o
10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Now that there's a new kid - "V-Carve Wizard" - on the block I'd ike to make a suggestion that would greatly enhance the funcionality of Part Wizard. Part Wizard is a very good piece of software for Shopbotters but it does have it's limitations. V-Carve Wizard is also a very good program but it has very limited drawing and no text capability. In order to use V-Carve Wizard I need a third piece of software to do the drawing and text. Part Wizard has all of the drawing and text ability I need. If Part Wizard had the ability to export drawings as DXF, EPS, AI or PDF files we would have a very powerful combination.

danhamm
10-17-2005, 06:54 PM
That won't happen...but it may spur DelCam into putting a little more into Parts wizard or lowering the price of Insignia... Coreldraw withits 1000+ fonts works hand in glove with v-carve Wizard..its cheap to buy and easy to learn,
cheers Dan.

paco
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Phil,

you'll be up and carving with Vcarve Wizard much faster by getting something like CorelDraw than to hope for DELCAM to enable you to export from PW... it's pretty cheap, yet very capable and versatile 2D CAD.

Maybe you can find something else (cheaper!?!?!?) but just to let you know that CorelDraw will enable you to manage "almost" all the file that many others (ArtCAM included) won't open/import. There is a trial available (with which you "may" be offered a rebate within the trial period!
4616)...

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Edit

Your fast Dan... that remind me of something...

danhamm
10-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry Paco, I don't understand your "comment"
But I agree with your "post" totally...cheers Dan

jsfrost
10-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Paco is right, Delcam will never make PW/Insignia files exportable. However, all the necessary information for a DXF or similar vector format is hidden in every.art file. Making a .ART to DXF converter is something a hacker with talent could do. Under standard copywrite law I think this would perfectly legal. With the Delcam EULA, maybe not?

I'm sure the folks at VcarvZ know exactly how this could be done, but can't due to prior knowlege of Delcam proprietary code.

Towersonline
10-18-2005, 09:11 AM
The best approach might be for the folks at Vectric to build a module that would permit VCarve to read PartWizard files.

If that was not possible how about in the next revision of the software allow importing trutype fonts.

I just hate to learn another package just to do lettering.

I just got VCarve recently, its fantastic. By far the best value for the money.

Bill Thorpe

dingenis
10-18-2005, 12:21 PM
hi,

hope this will help exporting drawings and toolpaths from partwizard

Part wizard does not export dxf etc., but if you open your partwizard drawing, copy the drawing and the toolpaths,you can then PASTE the drawing in your favourite program.(most of them as far as I know including corel draw)
! and it does paste the toolpath too , as a line.
dingenis

paco
10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Dingenis,

seem it does'nt work with VCW (PW2)... maybe one could toolpath on the vector, convert to DXF then import into VCW...

Jim,

have you had a look at a ART file code?! By the way, you can export from Insignia (at least).

Bill,

VCW is a software that work for many other users that do not use a Bot (hence PW); I think VETRIC will (should?) put their effort on enhancing the CAM features (which I think is a good thing) and probbly adding some more... If you can handle PW, I'm pretty confident that you'll love COREL. If you need to handle files from outside source (customers), you'll find COREL very usefull!

I wonder what could managed with DRAW from Open Office... which is free... maybe worth looking at...

jsfrost
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Paco,

I never cared before, but this thread got me thinking (dangerous.)

I'm planning to have a look tonight at a couple of things. 1. Similarities between two PW .art files having one similar but slightly different simple vector. 2. Differences between PW and Insignia .art with one identical simple vector.

mziegler
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Dingenis, I try to copy from PW2 and then paste into Corel Draw 8, it work but the drawing is not right. The lines are mess-up and the circles and arcs are not smooth. I am doing something wrong? Mark

dingenis
10-19-2005, 05:22 AM
hi mark,
i dont use corel 8, but vers.12.
but i dont think you are doing anything wrong.As far as I can see The measurements of the drawing are ok.
but as you notice all lines are broken into straight segments.
IN corel you can convert the lines back to curves.Sorry I dont know how close this aproach comes to the original curves.