PDA

View Full Version : Copy Machine

jay
02-06-2005, 12:29 PM
I was just re-reading the information on the Copy Machine and noticed one paragraph that read
"What kind of data would you like to output?"
You can create a ShopBot .sbp part file that is ready to cut. To change the size of the finished object, you change the proportion of the axes (x, y and /or Z) when you use FP to run the part file.
You will not be able to manipulate this type of file unless you have ArtCAM Pro 7 or later.

What and how can this be manipulated with ArtCAM 7?

billp
02-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Jay,
Maybe someone meant to say "Art Read" instead of ArtCam Pro. In Art Read you can take a .sbp file and "backplot"it to give you an Artcam relief file. Then you are able to import that back into Pro and manipulate it as you would any other relief file. I just found Art Read under the "file" menu(the icon looks like the Mona Lisa...)of Pro. It used to be a stand alone, extra cost option, but now it appears that it may be included in Pro.

billp
02-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Jay,
I was just in touch with Delcam. They said that the icon which is in your file menu is only active when someone purchases the Art Read option ( it IS a separate program), and then they will send along the necessary files to activate both the icon, and program.

jay
02-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Thank you Bill.
I guess the section, in the Probe part of ShopBots literature, should reflect that this is an add on for ArtCAM V7
Jay

mikejohn
03-18-2006, 03:42 AM
When I try to run the 'copy machine' utility it comes up with "error 53" File missing,
on both my 'drawing' computer and my shopbot operating computer.
Does anyone know how large the 'copy machine' file is, and if I can down load it separately?
My CD reader on my computer with which I run the ShopBot is not working.
If the program is small enough to fit on a floppy I can then reload this tool, and hope it works.
Or do I simply extract the file from my CD? (which is in the workshop, and I am at home
)

...................Mike

bill.young
03-18-2006, 07:20 AM
Mike,

What version of the ShopBot software are you running? Is the Copy Machine executable still in it's default location...in your "Virtual Tools/Copy Machine" folder...or has it been moved? It has to be in there to work correctly.

The Copy Machine executable is only 182k but is not available as a seperate download. I can email you a copy...just let me know.

Bill

mikejohn
03-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Bill
Yes it's still in C:\Program Files\ShopBot\Virtual Tools\Copy Machine.
Clicking on the properties it says its 184k.

If I click to open it I get

I click "OK" then I get this, after selecting from each 'tab'.

When I click on 'Copy' nothing happens.
I was expecting a 'fill-in' asking for bit sizes etc.

Does it only work with a probe attached?
I was looking for all the parameters that I might need before actually probing.

..............Mike

bill.young
03-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey Mike,

Look in the Copy machine folder and see what's in there. If you haven't run it before there should be 3 files... "Copy Machine.exe", "Copy MachineFAQ.txt", and "Copy Machine.bak" which is the default ini file that's used for the first run. After the first run a "real" ini file is created. Is the .bak file there? If it's missing you will get that kind of behavior.

Is this the newest ShopBot software... 3.4.19?... or an earlier version?

Bill

mikejohn
03-19-2006, 04:03 AM
Bill

Version 3.4.16, and I'm running the ShopBot with DOS.
The Copy Machine.bak is missing.
But I now know why.
I ran a disk cleaning operation which, amongst other things, removes .bak files?

Any chance of emailing me a copy, please?

..........................Mike

bill.young
03-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Hey Mike,

A copy is on it's way...that should get you up and running.

Bill

mikejohn
03-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks Bill
Arrived, and everything works a treat

................Mike