PDA

View Full Version : Area Clear, Raised Letters - I'm a newbie...

johnm
05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Folks -

I first posted over in SB in schools - I'm a new Woodworking Instructor for a "at risk" HS woodshop class - they've got a SB that to date has been used mostly for carving marijuana leaves. I've inherited a bit of a train wreck, but finally got the SB working last week. Someone had been monkeying about and installed the incorrect SB software and removed PW.

I have figured out how to carve simple shapes and letters, to a degree, but have had some question about several issues. If anyone here can help, or point in the right direction, I'd be grateful... Here's a "short list":

How do I "bring a letter forward" in PW (V 1x) so that in "area clear" it doesn't "erase" over the letter or object that I want left in the work field?

Is there a way to set a default for the cutter in vector editing? Being able to default for a bit in v bit carving would sure save some repetition.

Depending on the text, sometimes I get a message saying that the vectors overlap and..... I'm not quite sure how to correct this. I won't tell you about my kluge solution, because I *know* there's a better way to do it...

Finally, (for the moment) sometimes I get an error message saying that "this version of the software only allows a limited number of fonts to be v bit carved..." Even tho' I have selected a font that *can* be v bit carved, and have selected a v bit for carving. I might be paranoid, but when this happens I think I can smell Bill Gates, Help!

Thanks for any information any of you can provide. I apologise if my nomenclature is incorrect, I am trying to describe things as best I can.

Again, my thanks.

John Moorhead
Lakeport, CA

billp
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
John,
Check your e-mail...

dvanr
05-10-2005, 01:15 AM
"they've got a SB that to date has been used mostly for carving marijuana leaves"

Your a brave, brave man John. I can still remember my woodwork teacher from Highschool, I'm sure he had a blood pressure problem or an eye condition that made him look constantly popeyed, .... or maybe it was just us students.

Good luck and hang onto your sanity!