PDA

View Full Version : Help Please...V-Carve Pro

maginter
11-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok, now that I have run the trial version of software, I would like to run the jobs. Is there someone that has 4.5 that would be kind enought to convert the files to .sbp?

TIA,

Mark

knight_toolworks
11-18-2007, 04:18 PM
it will not work. You can't take a file you created on the trial version to another computer and make toolpaths. you will get an error message.

paco
11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Mark,

there are sample files for you to try. 'C:\Program Files\VCarve Pro 4.0\Sample Files' is the folder path on my system, yours may be different a bit.

If your ready to run your projects, then I think you're ready for the investment!

burchbot
11-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Mark
Even if such a thing was possible you would have a hard time finding someone to do it. Vectric is in business to make money. It is in our best interest to see that people buy their products. The more users we have the better the software will get.
Dan

maginter
11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Guys! Let's get one thing straight... I am not looking for a bunch of file to be converted. I am only looking to get a couple converted to see how they translate...that's it! The problem with running sample files is that they are canned and made to run correctly. I am not looking for a free ride or to steal from Vectric. I just want to see how it converts which the demo will not let happen. I am planning on buying the softeware if it does what I want.

burchbot
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi Mark
I would email Vectric with your request. I’m sure they would answer all your questions also visit the vectric forum. There you will find many fine examples of VCP capabilities
Dan

harryball
11-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Mark, what you see in the 3D preview is what you get, otherwise it is a bug and Vectric is very good about fixing those quickly. There are a lot of Shopbot VCPro users out there and if there was a major flaw... believe me, you would hear the complaints.

I agree with Paco, if you are able to create your project and get the 3D previews like you want them then you are ready for the investment.

Robert

beacon14
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I have to chime in here as well. VCarve Pro and Cut3D are two of the most reliable and simplest to use things in my life right now. You just can't beat either of them for the money. If you have a need for this type of software just do it already - you won't regret it.