PDA

View Full Version : Art Cam Pro question

phil_o
03-03-2005, 12:38 PM
When I import a bitmap image, (New from image) the images are always grey scale. They do not import as the color image I intended. I must have changed a setting in the software. I can't find where to go to change it back. How do I import color bitmaps so they appear as color images in ArtCam Pro?

billp
03-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Phil,
Instead of "importing it as a new image", go to the "file" menu and click on "open". Then in the drop down box (below .art files) you have the option to bring in .bmps, or .jpgs, etc. A lot of the trick in using files in Artcam comes down to HOW you bring a file into the program...

phil_o
03-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks Bill,
Are there other "tricks" for bringing in files in Artcam that will be helpful?

billp
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Phil,
Probably waaaay more than I am aware of. One immediate thought though; your method of "importing" a .bmp comes in handy when you want to create a relief out of the file. Try to import a .bmp/.jpeg, and then go look in your "3D"view". You'll find out that you HAVE depth. If you "open" the same files, you won't. Of course you'll have a LOT of "smoothing"to do, but it saves a lot of time compared to starting from a flat screen...
I also do some editing before I bring my files in, particularly if they are not as clear as I'd like. Photoshop,Paint Shop Pro, etc. let you alter brightness and contrast easily. THEN when you bring your file in it will be much easier to work with...