PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping text

Dan B. (Unregistered Guest)
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi
I want to put a line of text on the inside top of an ellipse and the inside bottom of the ellipse. The line of text on top comes out upside down and backwards. The line of text on the bottom comes out fine. I’m using P.W. 2 What am I doing wrong or not doing to get the text right.
Thank you
Dan

Brady Watson
04-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Dan,
In PW2, you have to get crafty and create another ellipse, offset to the inside of the original. Offset the Ellipse about the same height as your letters, and use it as a guide to get the text to sit on top of the inside ellipse. Use 'text on other side' to move text right side up, or to get the text at the bottom of the large ellipse.

Hope that helps,
-Brady

Dan B. (Unregistered Guest)
04-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks Brady. It looks like PW2 is not the best program to do this kind of work. But I want to v carve it. So I will give it a try.

bjenkins
04-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Brady's advice is right on. I've done this a few times now and it isn't as hard as it sounds to get the results you need. Just use the offset function and create another ellipse. Once you play around with it you will find it works pretty well. Okay, it's a bit clunky, but it works! Using the offset also allows you to space the text as you wish relative to the edge.