PDA

View Full Version : Aspire and 64 bit systems

tas99
07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I read a thread posted by ShopBot that Aspire does not work with 64 bit systems. I've been using Aspire v2 on a 64 bit system for quite a while with no problem. Is anyone aware of any limitations with 64 bit systems?

tmerrill
07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Tom,

ShopBot did not make that statement, a forum member did. He later clarified it to indicate his issues were possibly with XP Pro 64 bit. Hopefully he has reported these issues to Vectric support.

For mimimum system requirements, Vectric says Aspire will run on Vista, XP and 2000 systems and does not say anything about 32 verses 64 bit systems.

I have been running Aspire for months under Vista Home Premium 64 bit with a Quad core processor with absolutely no problems. If you aren't having any issues I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep on designing and cutting!

Tim

tas99
07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Tim,

I thought he worked for ShopBot, my mistake. Even though he did clarify I thought I'd pose the question here. Vectric usually watches this part of the forum and they usually have the answer.

Like you I haven't been having any problems but I did want to know if there were limitations. Hopefully not.

Now I'm wondering if his comment about Virtual Tools not working with 64 bit systems is correct.

Thanks for the input,

Tom

tmerrill
07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Tom,

As a follow-up thought, I follow the Vectric forum very closely and can't recall any issues that were attributed to a 64 bit OS.

If someone from Vectric does not add anything to this thread, don't hesitate to email their tech support (support@vectric.com (mailto:support@vectric.com)) if you continue to have questions or concerns.

Tim

Brian Moran
07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi,

We have a number of customers running on both 64 bit Vista and XP without any reported problems. None of the Vectric products perform any low-level operations which would be incompatible with 64 bit XP or Vista so I can see no reasons why people should have any problems.

Brian

Brady Watson
07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Brian,
64 bit DMP file sent to support at vectric. Not sure why PWorks 2D & 3D work fine, but not Aspire.

Thanks!
-B

Brady Watson
07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
UPDATE:

It appears that I had an older beta version running on my X64 computer. Tony was kind enough to point this out and get me going again. I'm happy to say that Aspire runs perfectly under XP64. Sorry for the confusion...I lose track of what software version is on what computer sometimes!

Thanks!
-B