PDA

View Full Version : Using this version

Paul
10-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Hi all

In the Shopbot V2 part editor if I wanted to change say the depth setting all I needed to do was highlight the depth size in the file, enter new size and select change all. "Hey Presto" they were all changed.

In the Shopbot V3 part editor it does not seem to have this function, am I missing something ??

This is an extremely handy function to have, I often need to do this at the machine if the material varies in thickness.

Is there away round this

Paul

bill.young
10-21-2003, 06:59 AM
Hi Paul,

It sounds like you're looking for the "Replace" function. Click on "Tools" in the menu at the top of the Editor and then "Find". Type the thing you want to change in the top box , the new value in the bottom one, and hit the "Replace All" button.

At the moment selected text is not automatically put in the top box the way it was done in the DOS software...we'll see what we can do about adding it.

Hope this helps,
Bill

Paul
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Hi Bill

Thanks for the response, when I click on "Tools" in the Editor I only get "Find" and "Find Next" functions. I do not have a "New value" or "Replace all" function, it would seem that my Shopbot V3 editor is different to yours, any suggestions

Thanks

Paul

bill.young
10-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey Paul,

"Replace" and "Replace All" aren't listed in the "Tools" menu, but should be options in the box that appears when you click on "Find". If they're not there in your version of the Editor, send an email to support@shopbottools.com (mailto:support@shopbottools.com) and we'll get you fixed up.

Bill

paul
10-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Hi Bill

I do not have an options box when I click on "Find", I will contact Shopbot support

many thanks

Paul

bill.young
10-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Hey Paul,

I guess I should have asked this earlier..are you running one of the betas of the Windows software or the final release that's available for download now? The Replace function wasn't implimented in some of the earlier versions of the editor. Click "Help" and then "About" in the Editor...the current version is 1.0.24

Bill

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
11-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Accessory Axis.

I've downloaded the V3 software and have fooled with it a bit in preview mode. I can't zero the acc axis as this command is not listed. I haven't found anything in the manual regarding enabling the acc axis either.

What am I missing?

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
11-21-2003, 12:53 PM
Hi Sheldon,

Go to the VD command and select the number of axes that you want to use. After you pick 4 or 5, then the additional commands related to managing additional axes will come up, along with the appropriate locations windows. We'll get this better documented.

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
11-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks Ted, that did it.

charles48
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
I've just got my shopbot assembled and have test out the x,y & z axis on the dos version that came with the machine. Is it recommended to go v3 or continue with dos?

pat_harrell
02-18-2004, 10:41 AM
I've installed V3 on a pentium 400mhz with 128 dram and made the normally open/closed changes, port #, etc., but it doesn't want to work. Is this not enough machine to fool with the windows version?

gordon
02-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Patrick,

A Pentium running at 400Mhz should be sufficient for running a ShopBot using our Windows software. The amount of RAM that you have is good. The only issue you may have would be with the previewer running a little slow. Please email me a description what is happening, including any error messages that may appear or to what stage the software gets to before quiting and more information about your computer such as the operating system.

Gordon Bergfors
ShopBot Tools, Inc.

jdhouse57@msn.com
02-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Just downloaded the v 3.1.7 software . When I Select the [T]ools / Part Wizard I get a " Failed to start Virtual Tool. Please check installation." Message. When I press the Part Wizard Icon Button I get a
"Run time error 53. File not found" Message. what am I doing wrong?
DH

grandpaspastime
02-21-2004, 09:06 AM
I had the same problem and found the it does not talk will with any other drive or folder other than the standard ones on the c drive. I removed all previous versions and reinstalled and it runs fine . The run time error comes from comminications disconnect with expected file locations. Run time error messages come from I think c+ or c++ language systems from which the code was programmed. I download on my laptop and had problems when using a cd to transport to my other computer. That problem is copying to a cd converts them to read only and doesn't tell you, therefore if updated that file on the other pc , it can't and won't tell you about the problem. I now use the memory stick for tran fers and stopped a bunch of problems

Dan B. (Unregistered Guest)
04-04-2004, 04:25 PM
I have reformated my hardrive and installed W98 SE. Will it run V3 as it is or do I have to update it? If so what patch's do I need?
Thank you
Dan B.
P.S. The Bot is almost set up.

ron brown
04-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Dan,

You will need the latest Direct-X. I would update Windoze.. I have all my computers updated and with the exception of one, they all run V3 in the preview mode.

Ron

04-09-2004, 01:23 PM
When I try to run the ShopBot editor I get error 7 out of memory. I’m running W98 SE on the Bot. I know I have more memory than I need. Has anybody had this problem?

kerrazy
04-09-2004, 01:43 PM
I have gotten this message when I was using a memory stick for the files and removed it from one computer to another.

frank
04-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Dan,
Are you running the latest version 3.1.11? I'm not aware of any problems with the editor in the current version. Windows 98 can be problematic, but you should be able to get it to work. Go into "system information" and check the amount of physical memory that you have free. Even though you may have plenty of memory installed on your system it may be getting used by other processes running on your computer. If everything checks out give me a call so we can try to sort out what the problem is.

04-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Yes I have the latest version of V3. 76% of the memory is free. I have 192. I think it's W98 because it works fine on this computer. I'm running XP Pro on it.
Dan
PS I can't get the remote to work. ( W98 again )

frank
04-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Dan,
Go to Microsft's web site and make sure Win98 is current. Get the latest service packs and critical updates. Also update DirectX. As for your pendant, type VD to see if your remote is set for mouse or inputs.

Dan.B. (Unregistered Guest)
04-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks Frank
I installed 4 patchs and and all is well now. the 2 patchs that worked ( I think ) are windows installer 2 and visual basic 6.First I had to uninstall shopbot 3, install the patchs and reinstall shopbot 3. Everything worked fine after that.
Thank's again
Dan