View Full Version : Vector will not produce sbp code

edp
03-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Re-installed Vector in my computer and it will not now produce sbp code when I hit insert nc. I no longer have the authorization code sent by vector so this may be the problem, but I have no way of telling.
Any ideas as to how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated

gerald_d
03-03-2005, 10:29 AM
I think that you forgot to install the shopbt2f.cfg file in your new folder. Also, if you have a copy of your vector.ini file, you also need to write this to the new folder. (It must be a recent vector.ini file to contain your key code).

D.Hunt (Unregistered Guest)
09-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the advice: - it was exactly what you indicated.
Problem solved.

dingwall
09-21-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm using shopbt2g.cfg assuming that it's more current - at least alphabetically wise.

Lately I've been finding a lot of J3 commands mixed in with the CG commands. This has been causing some pretty jerky motion. I've been having to do a search and replace to clear things up. I'm not sure where the problem is stemming from.

dmdraper
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Sheldon,

You say "lately I've been finding...". Has anything software-wise been changed lately? I seem to remember having a similiar problem w/i the last year that went away after I reinstalled Vector and upgraded to a new version of the ShopBot (Windows) software. Unfortuately, I did both things in succession so I don't know which was the cure.

It's been my experience that .ini and .cfg files can become corrupt, so I'd start by updating those for Vector and the Shopbot software with "known good" versions.

marshawk
09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Sheldon,

You may have loaded the shopbot(arcs)(inches) file instead of the shopbot(inches) file. This will insert CG commands. The (arcs) file is supposed to be more efficient than the (inches) file.

scott_smith
09-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Chip, I think you'r talking Art-cam and the others are talking Vector

srwtlc
09-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Sheldon,

As David stated, it sounds like your .cfg file may have gotten messed up and is placing a J3 instead of a M3 in the code. Best to start with a fresh shopbt2g.cfg file and then rebuild your macro list. Or you can go to Options/Conversion in the NC window and check to see if the conversons are right. G01 should be M3 and G00 should be J3.

Scott

marshawk
09-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Yep..sure am...duh...

dingwall
09-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the input. I checked the Options/conversions and the G01 and G00 are correct.

Possibly this stems from importing the 2D parts from Rhino i.e. converting splines to polylines etc.

I've got a copy of RhinoCAM on the way so I won't spend too much time chasing it.

paul60
08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I need the Vector configuration file to generate numeric code for SB Control software version 3.4.25

I design with Vector but using the older config file for SB v.2.38 seems to result in oversize parts on the table.
Strangely, the oversize is precisely the dia. of the 3/8ths router bit we're using!
We've checked offsets,etc, but can come up with no logical explanation other than we are (very likely) using an old fashioned .cfg file to generate NC for a brand new SB-PRT and its v.3.4.25 control software!

Anyone who has the newer .cfg file for 3.4.25 might do us a big favour and email it (attachment?) to both paulmagras@caribsurf.com (mailto:paulmagras@caribsurf.com) and to pcdoctor@sunbeach.net (mailto:pcdoctor@sunbeach.net)
-OR- supply a website URL where we can go get our own!

Thanks for your help

dhunt
08-04-2006, 01:51 PM
The last Vector config files to generate NC for the older DOS-based SB Control software can still be found at SB webpage url..
http://www.shopbottools.com/drivers.htm

and looks like this.....................

VECTORCAM
* shopbt2d.cfg (22KB) - ShopBot configuration file for Vector 8
* shopbt2f.cfg (7.8KB) - ShopBot configuration file for Vector 9

- whether they're suitable for making N.Code to be fed to SB Control software 3.4.25 would need to be answered by someone more knowledgeable.

srwtlc
08-04-2006, 08:16 PM
David,

I sent you the shopbt2g.cfg file. All will output suitable code for the ShopBot. Some of the older ones may have given problems with causing CG loops instead of arcs, but that has long since been taken care of. Just be sure to set your dialog digits on the NC side to 6 digits.

Scott

dhunt
08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Many thanks. I'll be trying it.