PDA

View Full Version : Emergency stop working backwards

wiese
11-19-2004, 12:36 PM
I recently installed the newest control software on a Celeron 1.70 GHz with 224 MB RAM. I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 1. My PRT 36 has an emergency stop installed that worked fine on the old DOS setup, but now works in reverse. In other words, the emergency stop is activated when the button is puled out, and the PRT will run when the button is pushed in. Is there a setting that I cannot find that tells the software to look for a normally open switch in order to operate?

I am also concerned about the lag time when using the keyboard to manually control the positioning of the router. There is easily over a full second of delay between the time you push an arrow key and the time the machine reacts. The same lag exists when you take your finger off the key, the router continues to move for a second or two. I am afraid that students will frequently be crashing the router into the table, stock, limits etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ron brown
11-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Jay,

I know the emergency stop issue has been gone over before. The new software looks for a closed circuit before it will operate while the DOS software operated "open" and stopped when closed. There were several threads that addressed the issue. I think the change was mandated by a federal(feral) law.

I would contact Support on the keyboard issue.

Ron

ckurak
11-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Jay,

Here is an excerpt from "Sb3_0_01readme.txt". This is a file dated 10/20/03 that came from ShopBot. In it they talk about the new way of wiring the Stop button.

"REMOTE STOP - The new ShopBot Control software now recognizes a N.C. (normally-closed)remote stop switch. All machines shipped after 11/1/03 will have Remote Stop wiring instructions for the Normally-Closed operation. For the convenience of earlier tool users, the [VN] Command allows setting the REMOTE STOP to Normally-Open (note that you may also set up Normally-Open when choosing a SBD file the first time you start the software). We recommend that all ShopBotters using the new software change to the normally-closed system if they will always use the Version 3 software to run their tools. This only requires switching from the black and green wires (normally-open) coming from the REMOTE STOP to the red and white wires."

I hope this answers your question. If not, you might poke around the forum, or contact ShopBot directly.

Charles

wiese
11-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. I had a feeling it would be a simple fix.

Jay