PDA

View Full Version : V.29 ... bad mojo

harryball
11-06-2006, 08:47 PM
First, keep running .27, I don't suggest going to v.29 just yet.

I've been running with very few issues, jittery xyz simultaneous moves is about the worst of it. I ran all day today on v.27 and at the end of the day decided to change to v.29.

1) I could not gain communication with the control box. I did the firmware upgrade and it would link up but then loose the connection randomly and seemingly without reason. It never lost comm during cuts or moves, only when idle or when finishing a move. It lost once at the end of the Zzero process.

2) During keyboard moves the drift is WAY too much. I press the key to move and let go and the bot will continue moving as much as an inch on moves and 5 or 6 inches during jogs. I pressed the Z down with Z more than 1" above the table... I just pressed and released and the bot continued to drill the bit 1/4" into the table.

3) I was cutting a vcarving, one of the same ones I've been doing all day. When I came back to check on the progress the letters on the plaque were fainter and fainter until they were gone and the bot was air carving 1" above the plaque. I stopped and jogged home, it went to 0,0,1 and was correct.

At this point I downgraded to v.27 and reloaded the firmware. I moved with the keyboard and the bot behaved as before, stopping quickly when I released a key. It also successfully vcarved the entire plaque and never lost communication.

I'm running a PRTAlpha 96 a few months old.

Robert