PDA

View Full Version : Walking on the shopbot table spoilboard.

3d_danny
05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
My Alpha 120 is together and was wondering about walking around on the surface of the table. It is over 3 feet to the center of the table and since my knuckles don't drag on the ground, it would seem easier to move the gantry back to X-120, shut down power to the gantry, and get onto the table. A couple of the ShopBots website projects have a cutfile that is named "scruholz" that places the screws in the appropriate places as hold downs. There is no way to reach these to place the screws without getting onto the table.

I was curious how many botters' do this and if they have seen any adverse effects to the accuracy of the table?

Dan

gerald_d
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
I walk on the table without hesitation, and I am near to 300 lbs.

fleinbach
05-26-2005, 10:44 AM
I just completed an upgrade yesterday to longer Xrail's. This necessitated my walking all over the table since it is against the wall and there's no way to reach the Xrail without walking on the table. I have walked on the table many times since I've owned. Although it appears Gerald's testimonial is a bit better since I am only haLF his weight.

I have been extremely busy this week but when I get some time I will post some pictures of extending my Table a 122 TO a 144

matt_r
05-26-2005, 01:08 PM
I go 50 lb more than Gerald, and I walk on mine all the time. Oh the joys of not enough shop space! I have shelving on the wall behind and above my bot. So occasionally I have to get up there. I have not seen any adverse affects from it.

Matt

davidp
05-27-2005, 07:05 AM
Gerald,

The Bulls could have done with you last Saturday.
Up the tahs

gerald_d
05-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Better not let be known that I live in Stormers territory....
<----blush
(I used to be loosehead prop)