View Full Version : BWC rails

ljdm
09-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Anybody know recent price per foot for the BWC rails? Thanks............

nschlee
09-28-2008, 01:39 PM
http://tinyurl.com/Reid-Supply-BWC

Scan down the page for pricing.

gabepari
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I only see lengths of 73", surely they make it longer??

Gabe

ljdm
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Saw the same thing when I went to that site earlier. Wonder if they sell 10' lengths, or if you have to butt two together? Also saw an earlier post about rails from Superior Bearing, anybody know pricing on those rails?

waynec
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Lou, I bought longer rails for my old PR when I upgraded to BWC rails. Give em a call. They can sell them whatever length you need. They can also cut them to length and drill all the holes you'll need to mount them. It will help to know what spacing you want on the mounting holes. The first and last holes can be so far from their end, and then the rest at what ever spacing you need. They want a buck or so per hole if I recall, but the holes are perfect well worth it.

Good luck. I like my BWC rails, but I think I'm going to re-install the rails using a method similar to the MechMate method of resting the rails on aluminum angle, then mount the angle to the shopbot table rail. I mounted mine to the sides of the table with stand off spacers. Its hard to keep things tight and level. Resting the rails on a continuous aluminum angle that I can shim to close tolerance should help. Hope that makes sense.

Wayne from White Salmon