PDA

View Full Version : The PRS Wiggle

pete
02-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Anyone know how to program the little "wiggle" that the PRS demo's show as the bit plunges into material (to reduce the load on the spindle bearings as it plunges???) See the PRS demo's on the ShobBot home page for a view of what I am asking about - Thanks, Pete

Brady Watson
02-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Peter,
This is a ramp move that is an option in ArtCAM Insignia and Pro. It is not realistic to program yourself unless you are only doing 1 or 2 profiles.

-B

richards
02-25-2007, 05:28 PM
If you handcode or hand modify the files produced by PartWizard, you can easily use one of the circle commands (CC, CG, CP) to do a spiral cut. It works great as long as the diameter of the circle is greater than the diameter of your cutter. I use the CC command all the time to reduce the axial force on my spindle.

beacon14
02-25-2007, 10:53 PM
If all your tool entries into the material are in the same direction you could create a Custom Cut file to do the back and forth ramp, then just insert the C#,xx command before each part. Still has to be done by hand for each part but for a file which will be run more than once and/or with only a few parts it would work as well as the high-dollar software.

srwtlc
02-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't know if there are any Vector user in the crowd anymore, but you can make an entry like that or even a curved one and then save just that part to a file that can then be imported into any drawing and attached to the beginning of your toolpaths. You could even save it as a template for any new drawings.

Just a bit of useless info for most. ;-)