PDA

View Full Version : I'm an idiot...

jeff_rowley
12-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Been trying to do some lithophanes for nightlights for my nieces Christmas presents. Tried three different times using the steps gleaned here and other sources. So far after three tries I have been very disappointed with the results. None of them have shown anywhere near the detail that the examples I have seen online are showing. I kept cutting thinner and thinner with smaller and smaller bits (down to 1/32") and still no good.

Finally after getting ready to toss my latest attempt into the trash, I somehow got it turned around and lo and behold, things looked amazing.

I'm such an idiot. Somehow I was under the impression that the flat, uncut side should be faced towards you. When I faced the cut side towards me, there it is. I've been laughing about this since last night. Not only that it took me this long to figure out, but also that I never somehow managed to 'accidentally' stumble across this on the first two attempts.

The funniest thing was that after digging out the previous attmepts, the first one looks the best of the bunch!

mziegler
12-03-2005, 06:20 AM
I am an idiot too! I have things like that happen to me too! Jeff, thanks for sharing the your story. Mark