PDA

View Full Version : Aspire Post Processor

pete
02-15-2009, 12:21 PM
What is the correct Aspire Post Processor for a PRT Alpha with the 7.2 gearing upgrade.

Aspire lists several processors and I am unsure which I should be using.

Thanks, Pete

mwpfeifer
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Peter,
I second your question as I just this past weekend installed the spindle control board in my VFD. Partworks has the appropriate post processor that includes the (speed) function. After finishing my first Aspire project I discovered the Shopbot post processor selections are much fewer than PW or PW3D.

thewoodcrafter
02-16-2009, 10:48 PM
The Post has nothing to do with what stepper motors you are running.
I use the one for Alpha inch arch.
Works fine.
Will not control spindle speed but will turn it on and off if you have it set up that way.

srwtlc
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
ShopBot_alpha_Arc_inch_router_control.pp, but in order to get it to set spindle speed, you'll need to edit it. You can open it in SBEdit for modification.

Here's the one I use. It also adds some more info to the file. Check it out in an editor and test the output first if you use it.

ShopBot_Alpha_Arc_Inch_Spindle_RPM .pp

4833 (4.9 k)

David Buchsbaum has some info on editing the .pp file here.

http://www.shopbottools.com/notes_from_the_sandbox.htm#Customizing

Scott

tkovacs
02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Scott,
Thanks - that was useful info for me too. I have also recently added spindle control and was just looking for the aspire pp.

Another related question - I do not have an alpha machine, is there a way to stop/start a spindle from a non alpha machine? The spindle control lets you set the speed but I don't see a way to simply start/stop the spindle. I suppose one could just set the speed to zero but it would be nice to be able to remotely press the "stop/run" buttons.

srwtlc
02-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Terry,

There was some discussion on that here...

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/33572/38518.html?1233924065

I'm not familiar with the Standard setup and I just assumed that it would start and stop a spindle too (with SO,1,1 and SO,1,0), but I take it that you have to setup a relay system to do so.