PDA

View Full Version : Part Wizard toolpath algorithm

jsfrost
09-02-2004, 01:26 PM
PW appears to have a mind of it's own. Is there a way to manipulate creation of multiple toolpaths using the same bit to optain a usable cutting sequence? The project I had problems with is a topographic map of a lake to cut into a coffee table top, eventually glass covered. The original toolpath had the router diving into the tabletop at the depest part of the lake, without getting the nearby wood cleared first. After a panic stop, I resolved the issue by individually toolpathing each depth plane, but there must be a better way?

Jim Frost

Brady Watson
09-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Jim,
You have to save the toolpaths in the same file, and order them according to how you want them executed. I do this all the time with PW and have never had and unexpected suprise. The toolpaths will be run from top to bottom sequentially when you save them together.

Another option is to save each one seperately and then copy each one in to a single part file. Saving them together within PW, essential does the same thing, sans the redundant move speed...which you may want to add in depending on what type of toolpath it is anyway.

-Brady

jsfrost
09-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Brady

To repeat back to make sure I have it right, if my Lake DFX looks like a standard pistol target, I can toolpath the rings in any order. If I want the bulls eye to cut last, it must be the bottom item on the save toolpath list?

Jim

Brady Watson
09-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Yes, Zactly

-Brady