PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Scooter Board

andyb
07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I was just asked to bid a job cutting 3/16" Scooter board. Has anybody cut Scooter board that can give me some tips on cutting it? I've never seen it so what I'm looking for is, is there any problems cutting it?

Andy B.

andyb
07-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Just to follow-up in case anyone else has to cut Scooter Board. I did get a 16" x 32" sample. Looking for info on their website doesn't provide much specs on the product. The core is a water-resistance hardboard and the skin on both side is a thin textured layer of PVC from my understanding. It cuts really nice. Tends to chip a little on the bottom side, even when cutting on a table saw. But the CNC had less chipping than the table saw. I was using an 1/8" up spiral @ 9000 rpm at 2 ipm. I still need to adjust the RPMs and speed a little to get a better edge. That's something I'll have to play with if I get the job. Just waiting to hear back from the customer. If the customer gets the bid, I've got the job. The customer is going to be applying a vinyl graphic to the finished product.

Andy B.

bernott
07-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I've cut a bunch of it! 12 sheets in the last two weeks. we use a 1/4 O bit at 11,500 rpms and feed rate of 1.5 ipm works fine for us

andyb
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Bernie,
Thanks for the info. If the customer wins the bid then I'll be cutting upto 80 sheets.

Andy B.