PDA

View Full Version : Trupan supplier in Great Northwest

waynec
08-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Anybody have a source for Trupan ultralite in the Pacific Northwest? Portland or Seattle?

I need to put in a new spoilboard, and I'm wanting to use Trupan if I can find it.

Thanks in advance!

Wayne C
White Salmon, WA

3imoh
08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi Wayne-

I have been around and around with this...the closest distributer to those of us in the NW is:

Dave Marchand
Plywood And Lumber Sales, Inc.
1618 28th Street
Oakland, CA 94608
(510) 547-7257

The crazy thing is that the main importer of trupan lives in Seattle and has offices in Portland! He says he has tried to get people to carry it up here but is having no luck for some reason...it is nuts.

I would be interested in a group buy from CA, but we would probably have to get enough people together to buy an entire unit to make it worthwhile...

-Howie

waynec
08-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks Howie

I work for a company that may be interested in particiapting in a group buy. I'll check and get back to you.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Wayne

jay_p
08-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Howie,

It is crazy that we can't buy it around here. You can buy the trupan moldings, why not sheet goods? I would like to use it for a number of things, but at the very least, I would like to replace my bleeder board. The Plum Creek mdf actually works pretty well, so I can only imagine how much better the trupan would be.

Jay

cnc_works
08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I would be like a couple of sheets of trupan if a group buy did manifest itself.

Donn

mike_ross
08-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I too am interested in a couple of sheets.

Mike Ross

bleeth
08-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I just spoke to Dennis at Architectural Woods in Tacoma and they are carrying Ultralight by Sierra Pine in 3/4". For spoilboard or substrate purposes it is equivilent to the Trupan brand. They deliver daily to Seattle commercial clients as well. I dealt with them for years when I lived there. Also, if Comptons in SODO doesn't stock it I bet they would get it in for you in a day or so.

billp
08-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Guys,
This is going to be one of the things we hope to address at the Boise,ID Camp in a few weeks. It worked in the Atlanta area, and if enough people can get together, group buys ARE possible.

sagreen83
08-31-2007, 04:54 PM
I would be interested in a group buy in Seattle as well...