PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Gasketing

Brady Watson
11-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Has anyone used This (http://www.allstaradhesives.com/cover_gasket.htm) or something like it for vacuum gasketing. It is imperative that it can be cut with a bit to get the shape I need.

McMaster has a bunch of products under neoprene sheet, but I am not sure if neoprene can be routed or not. Up to this point I have been able to get away with adding the vac tape by hand. Now I need something that the CNC can cut.

Thanks!
-Brady

jthelen
11-30-2004, 08:14 PM
I have used this product, it works very well. I cut about 100 part from high density plastic.
I just have a Fein vacuum and it held them just great. On time I stopped the vacuum and adjusted something, then hit start and forgot to turn the vacuum on. The part held for over half way done before the bit pulled it up, this with no vacuum.

jthelen
11-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Here is what the part looked like when done.

billp
12-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Brady,
All Star's sheet gasket CAN be cut with a router bit. In fact they sent me an Onsrud "veining bit"(#16-50 on the shank, 1/16") which they suggest you use to make custom jigs. (We probably did the vacuum gasket demo while you were doing your Desk Proto presentation at the NJ Camp.....)I have a few small pieces of it here if you need to try it out...

Brady Watson
12-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys. I spoke to Mike @ Allstar. I believe that it is $96 for 24" X 24 feet roll, plus shipping. This is the 1/32" stuff for cutting thin material.

-Brady