PDA

View Full Version : Crispy Bot Reborn

khaos
11-17-2009, 12:37 AM
OK botters here is the crispy bots rebirth.

Not pictured are my precision collets and my sharpie scribing pen and my SB indexer.

First my dust foot and fancy skirt. This material is expansion joint material for glass brick about $1 each. I am holding it on with Velcro. I am redesigning this to use spring clips to hold the foam. Its soft yet stiff and cheap!

The gorgeous lexan body allows a web cam to show the bit on the work. :o

Notice the top left image of the big monitor you can see the bit on a 3d piece for effect. You can also see a live feed for the table overview on a second web cam.

Wider picture showing the wireless keyboard and mouse. (No lag issues yet other than range is less than desirable)

No more arched plastic. These two pictures show the addition of the E-Chain and dust collection. I hated the dust collection dangling from the ceiling so I made adjustments. ;)

E-Chain dust collection along X axis.

The Lappy is mounted to the shop wall!

Future security system backup for power outages as well as passive aggressive deterrent system. 5 mos. #60 Woof.

Here you can see I have mounted a a proximity switch on the Z axis upper travel. A C1 will give me max up for end of job jogs home. My zero using proximity switches routine includes a Z axis method where I roughly set the Z.

Another angle of the dust collection E-Chain marriage. There is a small PVC bar added just above the housing to the hose as a chafe guard.

Another view with the table, lappy, monitor swiveled and DC E-Chain

Hope you enjoyed.

bob_s
11-17-2009, 07:00 AM
I like your idea for the dust collection. I am tired of climbing on the table to free the jam that happens every few days at ceiling height. It would be much nicer to just give the hose a tap at a more "reachable" height
thanks
Bob

ken_rychlik
11-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Joe, Come fix mine up.lol

If you want to save yourself some time take that aligator clip off of the wire for the Z heigth setting and tie it to the body of the router below the mount with a big hose clamp. That way it's always ready and you don't have to worry about forgetting the clip on the bit.

Kenneth

khaos
11-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Bob, I think the fact that the DC hose is moving all the time keeps most of the jams at bay.

Kenneth, I had thought about it but currently I don't move it to z zero anyway. I probably will remove the clip just to clean up the 'look'

david_white
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I like the non slip pattern on the stair treads. A detail only a fellow boter would spot lol.

khaos
11-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks for noticing.
Surely theres no Harley Logo at the center of each tread. I need to find a picture not showing that. ;)

curtiss
11-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Nice you could get the bot through the burn center rehab...

What exactly again caused the "crispy bot" ??

khaos
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
David, I couldn't find a better pic still in the camera. but you get the idea.

Curtis, here is the origional thread: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/312/29351.html

GlenP
11-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Joe good to see your making chips with the bot again. I see you rebuilt the machine...does that mean insurance wasn't kind to you did you just decide to rebuild instead of replacing. Anyhow glad to see your up and running again.

khaos
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Glen, in the end State Farm was great. I used the insurance money for the shop. I have repaired all the fire damage and some previous owner issues as well. And I rebuilt in order to create shop enhancements.

navigator7
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Joe...Do those steps say Harley Davidson?

khaos
11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
They sure do Chuck! I wanted some treads on the treads and well my bike was right outside ... with the bot right there it seemed like the thing to do.

khaos
01-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Nice you could get the bot through the burn center rehab...

What exactly again caused the "crispy bot" ??

I thought I answered this Curtis forgive I'm not really too stuck up to answer!! Here is the origonal thread (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7400).

myxpykalix
01-15-2012, 01:16 AM
your four legged "enhancement" to your shop was probably the best addition in terms of security:eek:

rcnewcomb
01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Love the new security system

khaos
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Love the new security system

Hee hee. Its wireless too. :eek:

khaos
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
your four legged "enhancement" to your shop was probably the best addition in terms of security:eek:

The system got some upgrades in the size area too:

khaos
08-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Shop security has been further enhanced with an additional wireless unit.