PDA

View Full Version : Inlay cut in flooring tile

phil_o
03-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I want to cut an inlay pattern using .125 thick flooring tile. My first attempt failed because as the Bot neared the end of the cut the part moved. Tabbing may be the answer but I think it will be difficult and time consuming to get a perfect fit. I don't have a vaccuum table but I'd like to know that vaccuum would hold properly before I go down that road. I'd appreciate any help from someone with experience in cutting inlay in thin materials.

steve4460
03-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi Phil
Try double stick tape to hold your part You might get away with just a couple of pieces in the right spots .

rcnewcomb
03-25-2006, 01:02 PM
You can also try a light amount of 3M 90 (http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/manufacturing_industry/engineered_adhesives/node_GSVK1FF6DVbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_WHG0MWH6QPge/gvel_VJ9R6TT0WDgl/theme_us_adhesivetape_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html) spray adhesive to hold the material while cutting. It cleans off of the wood fairly easily using acetone. We spray it on a board that is attached to the table, apply the material, and then cut. We then use a scraper blade to get the freshly cut pieces off the board.