PDA

View Full Version : Door program with multiple PANELS per door

richards
04-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry to those of you who've had their fill of the doors program, but there is a new release that fixes the "almost finished" bugs of a few days ago.

In addition, since the program can put arches on any side, it is capable, with a little slight-of-hand, of making MULTIPLE PANEL doors. I know. I know. Who in their right mind would want to make multiple panel doors out of MDF?

There's also a fix to override the ramping function so that you can make small doors (or drawer fronts).

As always, the doors program is almost useless without Bruce Clark's excellent FreeDoors program. He has given me permission to send it, and his new installer program, along with my stuff. (Or if you prefer, you can get everything from Bruce.)

The program is free of charge (and almost worth it!).

If you would like a copy, email me.

Mike Richards
miker@xmission.com (mailto:miker@xmission.com)

bruce_clark
05-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Just an update,

There is a newer version of Free Doors 3.46 in a complete installer available. If you got a version on CD, please uninstall and upgrade to the latest. It has better output and a few bug fixes.

Again everything is in a single installer. Just email Mike or myself for the latest version.

Bruce

bruce_clark
05-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, Mike has included instructions on how to make wainscoting and multi panel doors with his latest Doors.exe version.

Again, this is all in the latest Free Doors 3.46 install.

Thanks,

Bruce

richards
05-03-2005, 04:47 PM
If you've received my DOORS.EXE file, version 6.00, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT use it. It has a major goof-up that leaves the Z-axis at cutting level between doors. (I erased the command to lift the z-axis when I cleaned up the debugging code that I place in every file. Then, being very efficent, I pasted the messed-up code into every one of the files that generate the SBP code. As usual, the mess-up escaped my scrutiny.)

Everyone on my list should have received version 6.10 and the PATCH.BAT file to install the corrected files. If you have not received the patch, please email me and I've get it to you as soon as possible.

-Mike

bruce_clark
05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Since all the fame and glory is dying down, I decided to update Free Doors to version 3.5 AND provide a tutorial on how to actually USE Free Doors.

If you have emailed me before, you will automatically receive the latest and greatest. If not, feel free to send me an email asking for the latest 3.5 installer (which included Mike's DOORS and NEST program, along with his source code).

Also, you can view the GETTING STARTED tutorial online at:
http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/getting_started.htm

Again, my email is in my profile,

Bruce Clark

dvanr
05-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Bruce,

The pics didn't load in the tutorial.

Using Firefox 1.0.3

bruce_clark
05-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Rick,

On the URL above? I am using a straight HTML tag <A IMG SRC=".\image.jgp"> </A> tag.

Unfortunately, I am no very familar with HTML (know just enough to get me into trouble) or Firefox.

Anyways, I will investigate and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,

Bruce

rjguinn@optonline.net
05-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Bruce,
I opened the HTML version of tutorial & everything ,including pictures, printed just fine.
Jeff

dvanr
05-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Ok , now it works.

Thanks

bruce_clark
05-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Mr. Randen,

I took a WAG and figured it must be the ".\" in the image path causing the problem. Anyways, I uploaded a new version which removes the relative directory directive.

Let me know if Firefox still does not show the images.

Thanks,

Bruce

srwtlc
05-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Using FireFox 1.0.3 here, no problems.

Scott

bruce_clark
05-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok,

For all the people who have had problems with getting email attachments from me, I have found a quick and dirty solution. You may now get the latest version of Free Doors from my very simple webpage:
http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/

Also, the website has the most up to date tutorial, so read that one instead of the one included in the Installer.

Bruce

paco
05-11-2005, 06:32 PM
YES!!! A download site!!! Woohooo!!! 8-D

bruce_clark
05-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Paco,

Glad you like it. I think it is pretty plain for a "homepage" but heck, it works. Maybe when I get some more time, I will make the page a little more fancy.

BTW, that will probably be the place to get future updates. Most likely, there will no more mass emailing of updates, but those who have emailed me might still get an update notice with a link to the above site.

Bruce

paco
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
E-mail notice of updates; PERFECT!!! What more could be ask?!... automatic updates!!!

*8oD

Thank you both for sharing (freely) your software; what a team work you've done so far!

richards
07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
More bugs have been found in my Doors.EXE program. Please send me an email to get version 7.12. (I finally got DSL and in the process of installing new programs and computers, I lost my address list with all of your names and email addresses. Right now I don't have quite enough time to reenter everything from hard copy - so if you'll just request the update, I'll send it to you.)

-Mike