PDA

View Full Version : Vectric aspire/vcarve

loriny
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I have been playing around with my bot a bit now but when I save files from vcarve or aspire they save as files that my shopbot control can't read i think it was crv or something like that. What am I missing? My get carving cd's have the same problem as well.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Lorin

steve4460
02-20-2009, 06:52 PM
you got to save the toolpaths with the right postprossesor for what ever shopbot you have .
Bot on www.windwardsigns.com (http://www.windwardsigns.com)

beacon14
02-21-2009, 12:47 AM
There is a difference between saving the PartWorks file (.crv) and saving the ShopBot toolpath (.sbp). The .crv file is saved from the standard Windows File/Save command and contains all the PartWorks info: vectors, toolpath parameters, etc. The .sbp file is saved from the Save Toolpath icon, from the toolpathing area on the right side of the screen, the icon all the way on the right in the second (middle) row. It is a text file of Shopbot commands that the ShopBot will read to execute your toolpath.

loriny
02-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I got it working. thank you
Now I am just in the process of figuring out how to run multiple toolpath jobs off aspire and then later off my cabinetparts pro. It looks as if there is info here on the forum.