PDA

View Full Version : 3D Success

rcnewcomb
11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
At the suggestion of others I bought a file from 3DcncArt.com and cut it yesterday. It worked great.

I don't currently have any 3D software so the ability to buy a cut file that was ready for the ShopBot was very important to me

We've been talking to a high end custom cabinet and door shops and this should be a good item to show them.

joe
11-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Randall,

Very interesting.

I wasn't able to get to the web site 3DcncArt.com. Is this correct?

J

mziegler
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Joe, web site is http://www.3dcncart.com/
Mark

rookie432
11-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Randall,

Thanks for the kind words. I wanted to note that curently we are diligently working on our automatic shopping cart program that is pretty intense. It will allow for search functions as well as a showcase section for botters and other cnc enthusiasts to display their final carvings.
Please bear with us as we our enthusastically working on the final product as well as many new carvings to add to the site. In the mean time if anyone is interested in the carvings we have posted just e-mail me and we can make arrangements to get it to you via e-mail.

We truly appreciate the support Shopbot and Shopbotters have shown.

Thanks
Bill

jhicks
11-11-2005, 08:58 AM
The demo File we downloaded from Bill worked great. I was also fortunate to have been the winner at the Minneapolis camp of another file but haven't had time to run it. Keep up the good work Bill, I know there will be applications and opportunities where we can use these files.

jsfrost
11-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I am also exploring a demo of a 3D raised panel door and showing to cabinet shops. Would the 3D work typically be cut below the top surface of a 3/4 raiesd panel, or would the starting point be thicker stock, leaving the 3D design proud of the finished panel?

rookie432
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Jim,
You have a couple of options.
First would be as you suggest a thicker piece of material leaving a 3d design proud of the finished product. However you have another quite unique option and that is either cut the carving in another piece of material and cut out the profile to use as an applique. Or with the provided line drawing create an inlay. I really like this feature because you can mix materials. Imagine a white maple door with an attractive cherry carving inlayed or applied to the face. Now we are able to offer a very unique product.

Hope this helps
Bill

info@vectorart3d.com
11-15-2005, 04:57 PM
We don't provide SB ready code but if you have Millwizard, Meshcam (or other STL cutting software) or ArtCAM you can try one of our free models. They are at http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm/Fuseaction/FreeModels.htm . Styles B and C are both completely recessed below the plane so can be carved directly into a flat surface. (Bill, I hope you don't mind me pointing out an additional option?)

jay
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
James, nice to see you are watching this forum.

Having ArtCAM I have not had to purchase any of the super 3D art you have available but, be assured when I am in a pinch it will be the first place I will look for superior quality work.

Thanks for your input it is always welcome.

Jay