PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Values

btk
03-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I am going to cut a series of small mountains out of foam. I am trying to minimize cutting time so any suggestions on modifiying ramping values would be appreciated. I have played with them a bit, however do not really notice a difference, however it apears the machine is slowing as it hits the peaks and valleys. After 1200 ups and downs, that slowdown really takes extra time. What setting would I changed to avoid the machine from slowing down before a change in direction.

Since I am cutting soft foam at 3 inches per second (max speed for my machine), I do not think it should have to slow down at all.

Thanks,
Brian

Gary Campbell
03-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Brian...
Look at this post:http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/29/26478.html?1199848598
Gary

btk
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Gary,

Exactly,
Thanks, I thought that I had seen something that, however could not find.

Thanks,
Brian

Brady Watson
03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
For cutting your 3D foam parts, try changing your values to:

XY Move Ramp Speed = 0.6 to 0.8*
Z Move Ramp Speed = 0.6 to 0.8*
Move Ramp Rate = .1 to .05* <-- careful
3D Ramp Threshold = 175
Slow Corner Speed = 50 to 65

Try these numbers out and see how you do. If you are loosing steps or the tool is going berzerk, try pulling the Move Ramp rate back up to .2 and after that the Move Ramp Speed back down to under 0.6.

*Be careful if running a non-Alpha tool...you may loose steps with some of these settings as they are very aggressive...and not for the faint of heart! Your tool may sound rough in some cases, but keep your eye on finish quality - that's what you are after.

-B