PDA

View Full Version : VM Toolpath

mgilley
07-23-2004, 10:09 PM
I drew a chair back in Rhino, saved it as a stl and opened it in Visual Mill. I drew the toolpaths and saved it as a Shopbot file. Opened it in Shopbot 3 and it started cutting but it stopped and gave me a message "Parameter value above range for vs-setting to upper limit (6)!

Could someone tell me what this means.

Thanks,
Mike

paco
07-23-2004, 11:28 PM
See if your software (which is???) enable you to select that speed setting... from VS fill-in... point at entry for XY speed value and look if is match what is suggest... But that's curious cause Control software 3 for PRT should'nt suggest that high a speed... and Control software for PRT Alpha should'nt bother!!!???

What version of control software do you use?

Had you report this to support? (Fast!!!)

VS-settings refer to this...

Hope this help...

Brady Watson
07-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Michael,
Chances are you probably didn't define a speed parameter, or one over the 6IPS limit when you generated your SBP. If you don't define a speed, it comes up with both a lower limit (.05) and an upper limit (6) message. Check your SBP file in notepad to make sure that your speed settings are correct. This is the line that says: MS 2.0,1.0 (If you set speeds at 2 IPS and 1 IPS XY & Z respectively)

The Windows software limits the speed to 6 IPS because most are running a PRT that most likely will not exceed that limit. If running an Alpha, you can edit the Windows program to run faster or just download the control software made specifically for the Alpha.

-Brady

Mike Windsor
07-24-2004, 01:50 AM
check the feeds/speeds settings in visual mill . They are in inches per minute not inches per second . The transfer speeds might be to high

mgilley
07-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone/
I used the shopbot editor and changed the move speed to 2.0 This solved the problem. Have to remember to do the correct math next time. I was so excited to get a 3D drawing made and a toolpath drawn (after reading the instruction book but evidently not through enough) that I over looked this point.
Thanks,
Mike