PDA

View Full Version : Z-zero plate wiring

ljdm
08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Anybody have a wiring diagram for a z-zero plate for a Sb2.38 PR? Whether I buy one, or make one, need wiring diagram, can't find one at Shopbot site. Thanks. BTW.anybody that's made one - want to share your plan? Thanks

thewoodcrafter
08-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Lou,
Go to any hardware store and buy some aluminum stock about 1" wide x 1/8" thick. Cut 12" off and bend it at 45 degrees 2 " from one end. Drill a hole in it and attach a wire. Run the wire to the control box.
For about $5 you have a Z zero plate. I don't know which terminal in a PR box you wire this to though.
Someone will know.

ljdm
09-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Still looking for wiring instructions for homemade z-zero plate for PR, Sb2.38. Any info appreciated. Thanks..........

mrdovey
09-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Lou...

I can provide a little help.

Start by making sure that your machine is connected to the ground in your controller.

Attach a single wire to your z-zero plate. This wire will connect the plate to your controller, so it'd be a good idea to use a wire long enough to allow using the plate anywhere on your PR's table.

I don't have a PR, so from here all I can do is try to get you closer to the answer you really need (based on my experience with my PRT)...

Inside the controller (on the big PC board) should be a terminal strip. The wire from the z-plate needs to be connected as "INPUT 1".

A quick call to SB customer service or a look in the manual should help you find the right terminal to which you attach the wire.

Once it's properly connected, you can power up the controller and verify proper operation by observing the input line status area on your monitor while you touch your z-plate to any bare metal on your grounded machine.

Hope this helps!

...Morris