PDA

View Full Version : Limit switches

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
02-14-2001, 11:18 AM
Are the proximity detector switches intended to accurately and repeatably zero the x and y axis' or are they only intended to limit travel?

I'm still assembling my machine and it seems to me that this is a consideration.

Gerald D
02-16-2001, 02:11 AM
My guess is that the proximity switches will only give accurate and repeatable zero's if the approach speed and ramp settings are constant. High speeds will overshoot more, because the ramp can only be started by the switch - the software decides the end of the ramp according to your ramp settings and the approach speed.

Proximities normally switch at a very precise (and repeatable) distance away from the metal target. The influence of temperature, supply voltage variation, etc. is very small. The beauty of the prox. is that is does allow overrun (after sensing) without mechanical damage.

roney
02-19-2001, 10:13 PM
Hey guys,
A new and very motivated "botter" here. Question,
once the over-travel prox. switch is acted upon, does a message come up similar to when the panic button is pushed? If so then what is the proceedure to move the unit again...do i "q" quit, "r" resume, or what? Please excuse any spelling errors maybe too much hot sake.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

saf
10-29-2002, 02:18 PM
/qqqqq

frank
10-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Hi Roney,

You will get a message "LIMIT SWITCH HIT" at the same time the machine stops moving. Simply wait until the message goes away and move the tool off the limit switch. If the limit was hit while cutting a file, then you will have to determine if the file needs to be rewritten or if you you didn't set your zero correctly.

gerald_d
10-30-2002, 02:57 AM
Frank, Roney asked that question a year-and-a-half ago. Bet he is relieved to get your answer so that he can confidently make his first moves.