PDA

View Full Version : Plasma and Router work

daya
10-26-2006, 01:43 AM
I own a steel fab workshop in a Country called Sri Lanka. I am very much keen on purchasing a PRTALPHA machine for my workshop. The table size I will prefer to have is 4'x8'. I will be fabrcating the table locally. What I need to know is will some body be able to advice me on how to wood router work as well as Plasma cutting in the same machine. I would not mind having two tables if their is no other alternative. In countries like ours it is difficult so survive by doing only Plasma cutting or wood work since jobs are small and far between to come. Please advice.

Brady Watson
10-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't believe that ShopBot sells a standard plasma cutting tool anymore. You may have to buy a used unit. I did exactly what you are describing on a 5X16' tool with 5X8 made for wood cutting and 5X8 made for plasma work. If I had to do it again, I would get 2 tables. It may be possbible to order 2 tables from ShopBot and put my ShopBot plasma electronics on your new tool. I no longer do plasma cutting and my plasma cutter, torches and electronics have very low hours on them.

-Brady

gordon
10-27-2006, 08:51 AM
ShopBot doesn't recommend putting a plasma cutter and wood cutting on the same machine. Brady has a custom tool that we don't like to advertise. Using a 4x8 for both is difficult to switch between the very different operations needing a good deal of setup time and dangerous. Wood dust and plasma don't mix well. It is best for you to purchase 2 machines and dedicate one to plasma cutting and the other to wood routing.

Brady are you selling your torch?

-Gordon Bergfors
ShopBot Product Development

Brady Watson
10-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Yes I am...You buyin' it?

-B

mikejohn
10-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Admin
Shouldn't these last messages go here?
For Sale/Wanted - ShopBot-related items only