PDA

View Full Version : Limit probe routine ?

bahed
10-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Is there a way to reduce the field in which my ShopBot probing routine operates instead of the default rectangular pattern ? Analogous to this is when I am defining my machining path - limiting it to machine only within a selected vector. This method really helps in reducing the machining area/time.

Anything developed to expedite my probing times ?

Brady Watson
10-17-2009, 11:06 AM
No - unless you send the part out to be laser scanned. Then you are not tying up your machine for hours or days

-B

bahed
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
uhh... I can walk over to my shop, get my object set up on my ShopBot, push some buttons, spend 6 hours probing and 20 minutes post production time to get my cut file. At a cost of a few pennies of electricity.... or I can mail it to who .... and for how long ?

All told, probably a bit longer than 7 hours and a cost of a few pennies. I am looking to shave a couple of hours not add a week to the process. I am grinning as I type this - I hope you take it in that manner. Lord knows you've helped me quite a bit in the past. This doesn't look like one of those times.

Brady Watson
10-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Bret,
I understand completely. The short answer is still a resounding 'No', unless YOU want to develop a probing routine that eliminates the ambient areas to probe.

Cheap, Good, Fast - Pick two...

-B