PDA

View Full Version : Database for Tools, Files, Contacts, etc.

lto
01-09-2006, 09:30 PM
We're making available to Shopbotters a database created to organize information used in the shop. This includes bit info, files, photo's, and contacts.

Send an email to obdata@gmail.com (mailto:obdata@gmail.com) with database in the subject line and we'll send a free copy.

lto
01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
I just discovered that I can't send this file including a .exe by gmail, or my other email. Does anyone have a suggestion on a simple way of distributing this?

Thank you

mrdovey
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
LTO...

Text? HTML? Your .exe probably wouldn't be well-behaved on a Mac or POSIX box anyway.

Try sending the file ZIPped.

...Morris

stickman
01-10-2006, 11:55 AM
LTO,

Place it in a Zip file.. put additions to the end of the files *.exe_LTO.

This will reduce the scans for viruses.. then the user, if they wish to use your program, can rename the file and unlock the exe file.

Jay

lto
01-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Sorry,
I haven't yet successfully sent this file. It was zipped to 11MB and still rejected by most servers.

andyb
01-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Most ISP's only allow a max of 5 meg files. If you are using winzip you can span the files into multiple files. However, you'll have to send multiple emails.

Andy B.

andyb
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
LTO,
If you can break if down and send it to me, I can put it on a website for other to download. Send it to abrooks60@charter.net (mailto:abrooks60@charter.net).

Andy B.

paco
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Got it but look corrupted or something; can't extract... I do have looked at the doc and it look quite interesting!

lto
01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
The database is now available for download at
http://download.yousendit.com/04BC803FAE5B7E47

Compressed Shopbotter database attached. Double click attachment to extract. Folder contains a shortcut to be placed on the desktop to open the file. Feedback to this email address will help us improve the database for future versions.

lto
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I missed the email above.
The database is now available for download at
http://download.yousendit.com/04BC803FAE5B7E47

Compressed Shopbotter database attached. Double click attachment to extract. Folder contains a shortcut to be placed on the desktop to open the file. Feedback to this email address will help us improve the database for future versions.

mailto:obdata@gmail.com (mailto:obdata@gmail.com)