PDA

View Full Version : Are 8 zone overkill

maginter
02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi All -

I have been following the thread on the hold down table and have a design I want to implement. Like all of us, I am trying to accomidate any possible configuration that I would encounter. My thought is to have eight zones, each a 2' x 2' square. I also want to rin the t-track down the segments so I can side clamp. I am even working on an idea that allows for a segmented spoil board. The issue there is maintaing complete flatness across the entire table.... Still working that one.

For a vacuum, I will be building a 9-15 box using two VBTST6460VM. Just talking with Ward has got me thinking of having the ability to do series or parallel capability with the blowers. This offers several additional options. It complicates the plumbing, but not to much. I will post pictures when I have something....

Any comments?

TIA,

Mark

pappybaynes
02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I would be interested in seeing your design Mark when you complete it.
Dick

beacon14
02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I made an 8 zone table and am very happy with it, I was using the smaller zones for a particular purpose which no longer applies. I could do everything I do now with 4 zones by just covering the unused areas. So if I were to build a new table I'd probably just go with the 4 zones to keep costs down and the design simple.

fleinbach
02-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Mark,

If you do a search you will see a few table configurations with more then 8 zones such as my 13 zone table here. Total plumbing cost including valves was about $250.00
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/show.cgi?tpc=28&post=42554#POST42554

knight_toolworks
02-02-2008, 02:02 PM
myself it may be more practical to make separate small vac tables and mdf sheets with the t track in them or pegboard. that way it is easy to change and easy to flatten and can do about anything. here is my 2x2 vac table that uses one fein