PDA

View Full Version : Crafstmen 'Quickrout' System

watswood
05-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Has anyone tried craftsmens new quick rout system for quickly attaching bits with no renches? Ya or na? Here is the link for those not familiar.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00 926696000

bob buttons (Unregistered Guest)
05-12-2004, 07:55 AM
I tried one (different make) for my bosch and the bits slipped while routing. very poor. got it at woodworkers warehouse. forgot the name of the product. any one found a good one for the bosch 1617 routers that actually works?? i do use a reducing collet since which may have been the problem.

kerrazy
05-12-2004, 08:30 AM
I would be interested to see if it slips at all. My concern is we normally do not hand rout 1 - 2 inches per second, with 70LBs of force. But our CNC tool does, and I do not think this will stand up to the challenge.
I have previosly tried an RC Eliminator, worked ok for 1/2 inch cutters but slipped real bad when the 1/4 inch insert was used.

Keep us posted.

cnc_works
05-12-2004, 12:25 PM
I have tried both the Jacobs Powerchuck and the RC Eliminator. Both held the bits just fine, but it seemed to me that extending the chuck in any way resulted in increased run-out/decreased edge quality with either one. So I suspect the same would be true of the Sears entry.