PDA

View Full Version : Sample sign - want feedback

rej
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
here it is, so go ahead and tell me ways to improve the quailty. don't care about cutting time, just ways to make it look better

rb99
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Don't use that font with all caps.

RIB

billp
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Is that font Monotype Corsiva ?

dakers
01-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Ditto Richards comment. there is a latitude of what is acceptable so i try not to be too subjective not knowing more about what restrictions you had in making the sign. we do not all get to choose colors, sizes,materials, copy etc. for every project.
the upper and lower case version of that font is nice. i have never seen the font used in all caps before. this font style like others that have caps with alot of flourish are designed to be used as uppper and lower case. but if the strokes get too thin using upper and lower case for the methods and materials, legibility it is best to change fonts.

rej
01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
i saw a version of this sign on google and decided to try and build it. i tried to make it look more of the country theme. that is the font i believe. see attached. this sign is for customers to see, not an order

chipster
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Overall I like the looks Robert. The only thing that I can comment on is the arched top. I'd like to see a more gradual shape change. I see it as a cross between a triangle and arch. All in all, it looks good.

Did you use your new sprayer on this plus hand painting?

rej
01-22-2010, 08:27 PM
i like all the feedback.
i did the sign over in aspire with cap and small letters.
i respect your comments on that, but i must say i like the first look better, just my un-educated opinion.
the curve could be smoother and would look better. no, i did not use the sprayer on this. my shop is not heated and i am waiting for some warm weather - aren't we all.
thanks for the comments.

sped1530
01-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Did you hand paint the letters and the trees or did you use a paint mask?

rej
01-23-2010, 08:23 PM
the sign was hand painted. my wife paints all of our signs. she is not a trained artist but she does a good job according to me. i strive to one day reach a level close to joe or jerry, or raymond or bill or dick, but i may never get there.
i might not have enough time left to get there. but, if we don't try to improve then why do it at all?

sped1530
01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
She does a good job.