PDA

View Full Version : PRS Mods

srwtlc
08-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Here's a couple of modifications that I made on my PRS that I thought I'd share in case others may find them useful.

The original dust foot works fine for most things and keeps the debris contained well, but the way the hose was crimped/flattened and shoved in the back end would cause some restriction and allow debris to get caught and plug the opening. Mine also had a tendency to fall out or get pulled out of the back easily.

What I did was to take a piece of 3" (3.5" od) PVC pipe and carefully uniformly heat it up and flatten it into an oval that would fit into the back of the foot (I cut the rear flange off the metal plate to allow the pipe to slip in). I did a little porting on the inside edge of the pipe with a dremel tool to ease the edges that may catch larger slivers/chips. This now allows the flex hose to be slightly squashed and slid on the outside of the PVC pipe and clamped. I then closed up the gap around the PVC pipe and foot housing with some expanding foam. Now the flow is better with no suction loss around it and less chance of chips getting caught and plugging up the opening.

I also had a special bracket made that attaches to the Y car and holds a short piece of PVC pipe that allows the short dust foot hose to stay attached and the main hose be able to be removed for cleaning the table off when needed. It also helps to pull/push the hose along the trolley. The trolley track is just a piece of conduit supported at each end and a spare pair of v-rollers spaced apart on a bolt with some plumbers tape for the hanger.

myxpykalix
08-09-2007, 02:07 AM
My hose got pinched and tore the way i hung it, the roller and pipe is a clever idea. I'm going to modify mine that way. Good job..