PDA

View Full Version : Took Delivery of my new Shop Bot

sebago_signworks
09-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Hello,

I have my ShopBot up and ready to go. Im sure there will be a learning curve, but I am ready to roar and make some signs! Pretty excited. I have V carve pro and am pressing alot of buttons tonight to learn all of the features. I am going to pick up some cheap boards to use for learning.

signtist
09-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Enjoy. . . .I love my router!
V-Carve Pro is my favorite software.
John
www.signgraphics1.com (http://www.signgraphics1.com)

billp
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Devin,
SKIP the boards and buy some 1"thick foam! Foam gives you the chance to test everything without "fear" of doing any damage as you learn how to fly your 'Bot...You can't break bits, or the router/spindle with foam. It's cheap enough to try a bunch of "test.sbp" files and learn the machine with no stress.
Once you are comfortable working with, and moving the machine, THEN get your cheap boards and start to dial in the cutting process...

chiloquinruss
09-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Thank you Bill! I am finishing my table assembly (hurray) and should be ready to make some chips by next week! The foam suggestion is one I've heard before but it didn't register til now. Thanks again and thanks Devin for asking the question in the first place. Gotta' love this forum! Russ

cabnet636
09-24-2008, 06:25 AM
you can get 1" thick and even 1.5" pink insulation foam from a better building materials supplier, home depot and lowes rarely even have 1/2 inch, test a lot with it!!

jim

kerrazy
09-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Congratulations Devin, on your new baby....
Any help needed drop me a note
Dale

sebago_signworks
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks Guys! I routered my first time today, the letter "M", I was thrilled. I will keep this, so in a year from now I could look back to see how bad I was, kinda like my first signs when I started!