PDA

View Full Version : Help on breaking apart artwork for sheet cutting.

kerrazy
05-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey there folks,
Well I think I did good??? I just got word today that I had one the contract for doing centre field logos for one of Our CFL football teams. The logo will be cut out of 8 - 4' X 8' sheets of plywood. Seems simple enough, but i need to lay it out so I can cut out sections of the logo on each sheet like a big puzzle. I have Corel Draw and Parts Wizard as well. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

billp
05-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Dale,
Give us more info. Are you cutting out "stencils" to be painted through? Bill P.

valensign
05-17-2003, 02:12 PM
I think I know what your trying to do. I dont use corel so I dont know if this will work for you or not. The way I do Billboards is I lay out the design full size then I draw my 4x8 panels and do an inline at .001. That way I have an almost invisible line then I lay the panels over the layout and wels it.. It breaks the layout into the grid i need then cut out the parts... If you want to email your file in either an AI format or eps. I can do it for you.. it takes 5 mins in signlab. send it either full size or give me the dimensions and i can scale it here.

kerrazy
05-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Bill,
That is exactly what I am doing, basically a big stencil that they can remove sections to fill with paint and then replace and remove the next section and fill with another colour paint.

William I will forward it to you this morning full size.
Thanks
Dale