PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - Good outdoor sign material

walnutman
05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Hello all,
I have had my ShopBot for a couple weeks now. Been mostly playing with it, learning alot. I have my first real project, which will be an outdoor sign for my kids school. I will be donating it hoping to learn from the experience and promote my small side business as well.

My question is what is a good outdoor sign material. The finshed sign will be roughly 3ft by 2.5 ft, about 2 to 3" thick. Im not quite sure about the design yet, but want to challenge myself and make a real high quality sign. The general theme will be a country/farm feel. Im thinking that one of these easily carvable man made products would be best, but I know nothing about them, other then the tidbids Ive learned from the forum. I hoping to find a local source as well. Im in the greater Sacramento area. Any feedback from all you pros would be great. Thanks on advance.

d_m_a_n
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
SignFoam is the best. Its a piece of cake to cut, and is very durable for exterior apps. For High quality signage material you pay a high quality price. Its a bit expensive.

walnutman
05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks Damon, I found a distributor close to me. I'll go check it out!!!!