PDA

View Full Version : How to handle differnet material for the exterior of cabinets

erniek
05-30-2009, 07:44 PM
I build a lot of cabinets with white melamine interiors and just use a different sheet type for the exposed parts of cabinets. How do you tell the software when to use a different material for the sides and when not to. I can think of one way, have 4 different cabinet designs and then call them up when needed, one with melamine sides, one with left side different, one with right side different and one with both sides different. This seems a bit awkward though. I'm a novice yet with ecabinets so I'm probably missing something...

Gary Campbell
05-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Ernest...
Use the construction settings and assign a different material to any part. You will have to decide if you want to do this on a part by part basis, or make a number of seed cabinets with those different parameters.
Gary

kerry_fullington
05-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Ernest,

You can use the Change Sheet Stock dialog to do this.
When you are finished with your job design (either in Custom Layout or Batch)
In Custom Layout right click and choose Change Materials/Sheet Stock
This will open a dialog that has a list of the materials you are using and a list of all your cabinet and their parts.
Uncheck all the Cabinets that you don't want to make changes in then use the drop down list on the other cabinets and uncheck all the parts but the ends you are wanting to change. Click the Select New Material and choose the material you want for your finished ends. Click Apply and your ends will be changed to the new material.
You can change sheet stock for part of any cabinet this way and your library cabinets will not be affected.

Kerry