PDA

View Full Version : Ornate brackets and inset panel?

Call-Tech
09-29-2005, 10:38 AM
I have my first job coming up for shopbot. I am making 6 dimentional hanging signs for small indoor mall. The signs will hang outside each shop with tenent's name on each side.

The landlord wants all signs to look the same and wants replaceable face panels so entire sign does not need to be replaced with changing tenents.

So 2 questions for everyone.

1st does anyone know of good source for decrative hanging brackets? I have checked with a few of my distibutors and none sell products like these.

2nd. I'm looking for ideas for replaceable face panels. I believe that they should look good with rest of dimentional sign. But still be relatively cheap to replace. On the other hand I would prefer to keep them machined somehow to maintain client in the future. Does not seem to be in my best interest to use a face that could be reproduced at any shop. (hope that doesn't make me sound greedy, just good business)

I welcome your thoughts and wisdom

sincerely, Fred

marshawk
09-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Fred,

Radio shack has some superior velcro type stuff part number: 64-2360. I have used it for years. including attaching removable signs to doors. I think it would do the trick for the face panels.

What type of brackets is he looking for? You can make some pretty fancy ones with that CNC of yours, you know...

Cheers!

Chip

gene_marshall
09-30-2005, 08:30 AM
http://www.vinyldirect.com/vd.asp?Param=2%2C7701-1241

http://www.garston.com/

a few suppliers
Gene

rookie432
09-30-2005, 09:21 AM
If they are hanging in the air on a bracket I would cut the general shape of the sign slightly oversized out of ...maybe 3/4" mdo or a solid wood material that is paintable and will hold up to weather. Then design my actual carved sign with 4 screws at the corners. This will guarantee that a strong wind wouldn't knock your signs off the substrate and they would always be replaceable. Also by making your mounting back slightly oversized you can have a conformed border color to all of the signs .

Just my idea.