PDA

View Full Version : Embossing

gary_k
06-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Has anyone used the embossing tool on the latest and greatest ArtCam Pro, I am not familiar with embossing and wanted to know what the end product would look like - can I use this tool to make a relief that would have the same visual details as a relief from the library or does embossing have different features to it?

magic
06-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Haven't used it but you can also create similar effects by programing a flat end mill and substituting a ball nose. You can also use photoshop / glaussen blur, or just raise the height with the teddy bear.

Have you posted this question on the artcam forum? Someone there probably knows for sure.

magic
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
ooops

Try a simple shape then seeing what it looks like after running tool paths, without cutting it.

gary_k
06-12-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks - I think I will post on ArtCam. My goal is taking a 3D model and rotate the view like you can do in the embossing program and create a relief that is still 3D and not flat on top. That way I can take the same model and rotate the view creating different reliefs - not sure if there is another way to do that in ArtCam Pro.