PDA

View Full Version : Sign Builder

cartar929
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Our company has been working on a feature with our site that allows customers to design their own sign. But, we seem to be struggling with getting people to pull the trigger. Here is a link: http://westviewcompanies.com/build/ ,please take a look and provide some feedback as to what you think is working or isn't.
Thanks

kartracer63
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Cartar,

I went to the site and built my sign with no problems. It's pretty straight forward and it was kind of fun too. I think at some point offering several more sign designs would help to get them to pull the trigger.
Good luck with this.

zeykr
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I played with it a few minutes, neat idea, but color and graphics choices are very limiting and it really needs to display the text on the finished mock up sign so I can get a better idea of what it would look like.

phil_o
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Pretty neat idea, I like it. How long have you had it up? Do you have a good idea of how much traffic the site gets?

eaglesplsh
12-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I think you've got a great concept and have done a very thorough job making the process easy for the end user - great tips on every page.

If you're getting traffic but not getting sales, I would guess it's one of two things:

first, some products in this price range take a while to build momentum. Customers may love the idea and still take months before they get around to buying. After you've had the site up and marketed for a while this effect will level out, so it isn't that big a deal - but it can keep you wondering what's going on during that initial build up phase.

second, I agree with Eric's post - it would probably help to have more variety in terms of initial design/shapes/fonts/graphics.

The psychology is funny... Even though most of us think we know exactly what we like/want, if you offer a completely blank slate with too many choices people can't make up their mind and won't buy. But, without enough variety you may not have a design that grabs the customer's attention.

cabnet636
12-09-2009, 06:15 AM
there are times i wish the customer could
"see what they are saying" !

excellent site

jim

mitch_prest
12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
you might want to think about having the option for people to upload their own graphic. Also some examples of real signs near the end of the process will help. Most people cannot visualize what it is they are getting with out seeing it...

mitch

bcammack
12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Check out www.vistaprint.com (http://www.vistaprint.com) and look at the business card designer for an example of a really well structured WYSIWYG on-line design program.

It might give you some ideas. Besides, 250 custom-designed business cards for $5 shipping ain't a bad deal, either.

dvmike
02-18-2010, 11:47 PM
So easy a caveman can do it ! LOL
The only issue I can see is the limited number of options.
But it's still pretty darn cool !