PDA

View Full Version : My personal sign

stockbub
02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I do not build signs but want to make one for my business yard signs. What materials are suggested and where do you get most of the materials. It will be designed in Artcam 2008.

jhicks
02-29-2008, 02:11 PM
The world of sign materials seems endless so one must simply determine what the end goal is. you can achieve it in many many ways.
Typically the shop bot fabrication methods and times are far less difficult than getting the desired design style. once that is accomplshed one can determine best way to fab and Finish as a single piece, multi piece, single material, multi materials, fastening, adhesives, primers and paints etc.
The absolutely simplest cut and no finish material I know of out there is the color core type 2 color sheets.
Cut through the outer color to reveal the inner color. Great for outdoor use, easy to clean, and lasts forever. Just depends on weather their colors suit your tastes and if a 2d sign is right for your signs. Lots of posts on color sources, alternate suppliers, tool and feed methods so search and ye shall find.
Good luck