PDA

View Full Version : Sign texture issue

nailzscott
05-13-2008, 11:37 PM
My son runs a local golf course and wanted a sign based upon an eps file he had. I was working through it using Partworks. He said he wanted a textured surface on one part, so I let Partworks do the work. The problem is that the texturing ate into the raised edges and letters. Its a little hard to see in the pictures, but check the around the top radius and the lower letters. It is pretty ugly up close. This will be my first paid sign. Some of you guys probably know exactly what this issue is - so could you enlighten me please as to how I might be mis-using the texturing toolpath. Here are before and after texture pics. Thanks

tmerrill
05-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Scott,

Been there myself. Here is Tony Mac's answer to a similar question asked on the Vectric forum:

Start Quote

VCarve Pro calculates the Texture toolpath based on the middle / tip of the cutter, so the texture will overcut in some places by up to the radius of the cutter.

To ensure the texture stays within a boundary the vectors need to be offset inwards by the radius of the cutter.

There's a very good How To Tutorial on the web site that explains this in more detail.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/support/ht_texturing.htm

I hope this helps,

Tony

End Quote

That should get you going.

Tim

nailzscott
05-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Tim. That should get me started in the right direction, even though it will take some time.