PDA

View Full Version : Fake Plaque

joewino
12-03-2008, 12:43 PM

This is a fake plaque that we recently installed. It is 15" x 23" - 20# Corafoam and finished with Sculpt Noveau bronze and patina.

The customer couldn't afford the price of a real bronze plaque, so this was done instead.

Thanks to that old guy, Joe Crumley, for steering me in the right direction to Sculpt Noveau.

shopbot_steve
12-03-2008, 01:08 PM
that looks great, good job. I have been wanting to try that SN for quite some time now.

can I ask how you price a project this size? I am trying to figure out how to price things better because i dont really have a good method at the moment. smaller signs dont seem to work out with standard sq ft prices, at least for me.

anyway, looks real good. did you price a real bronze plaque?

joewino
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
This job sold for $250.00.

Usually I charge about $100 a square foot for regular jobs and around $125 a square foot for additional gold leaf or intricate details.

This was for the church I attend, so I didn't keep a time and material evaluation...but it would probably be about what it's worth.

A real bronze plaque would have cost me about $1,000.

chodges
12-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Great job!

As a sign company, we sell quite a few cast bronze plaques, and yours looks as nice as any I have ever seen.

dubliner
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Raymond, nice work indeed, I've made a similar plaque for the local VFD & I'm curious how you sealed it? PS I see you got a mention in the recent Sign Business issue re: Letterheads