PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sign work

kevin
02-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I,am doing samples 3 to be exact
My son did not pass his course to keep him busy till the fall see if he can open up some doors
At first i will syay away from foam due to lack of experince
Where go to the historical area and see what happens

This is just a sideline where very busy with cabinet work
First will post others as I finish I'am also using this as a opertuniy to learn 3d

dakers
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Kevin back in the 80's we tried to get into a sideline. we made the original duck painting in acyliics then made a 4 color silk screen that we actually printed by hand on these cedar boards. i cut an aluminum template that covered the duck and left the cattails raised then sandblsted them.
we took them to ashville north carolina and gatlinburg tennesee to see if there was a market for them. these were limited edition wild life silkscreen prints. it turned out that there was a market for them but way lower than we needed to sell them for. at the time they said they could sell them for about $19.00.
the great thing about it is that it was a family adventure and we had a good time. the orignal painting was done by Peter Sorg who still works for akers signs. he is an amazing artist.

Keven, i love what you did there. seems like when you guys who make a living work with wood you do some interesting things to color and treat it.